Mike Dukakabee’s Christmas wishlist for Santa includes:
- 24 place settings of Lenox “Holiday Nouveau” china and stemware (from $14 to $40 a piece)
- Biddeford bed linens (king and queen bed skirts from $89 to $99)
- an oval pot rack ($60)
- an asparagus pot ($30)
- a KitchenAid mixer ($300)
- Jack LaLanne power juicer ($100)
- Kitchen Essentials 12-piece cookware set ($250)
- Kitchen Essentials cookie sheet ($20)
- Fieldcrest bed linens (from $30 to $144)
- Rugs (from $25 to $150)
- Table linens, potholders and kitchen towels (from $2 to $13)
- Target GiftCards are also welcome. They can be purchased in amounts from $10 to $1,000.
Actually, this list isn’t Mike Dukakabee’s letter to Santa. These items come from the wedding registries that he and Mrs. Dukakabee set up at Target and Dillard’s in Nov. 2006 as they were preparing to leave the governor’s mansion and move into their own home.
Yes, this is reminiscent of Bill and Hillary’s “gift registry” that they set up in late 2000 when Bill was leaving the White House. Must be something in the water there in Hope, Arkansas.
Sort of reminds me of this…
Dear Santa Claus, How have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want. Please note the size and color of each item, and send as many as possible. If it seems too complicated, make it easy on yourself: just send money. How about tens and twenties?